Search squid archive

Re: [help] setting up firewall policy for transparent (single-homed host) proxy

Hi all...

I am on my research deploying a transparent
single-homed host proxy server on my virtual network.
My squid box is not on the same box  where the
firewall applied.  I didn't have any idea how to set
up the iptables running on the firewall, so I can
redirect all client's web request to my proxy box, and
make it as the only host on the network may request
web services through firewall to the Internet...???

The topology is...

INTERNET <---> FIREWALL <---> switch <---> NAT
DEV<---> INTRANET
                                 ^

                             squid web
                              proxies

I use the squid on Trustix Secure Linux 3.0
All response will greatly appreciated.

I try this
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/TransparentProxy.html#ss6.1
but my proxy box still ignored (the web request
directly served without proxy handling)

Thanks in advance (^^,)
Rachmat Hidayat Al Anshar

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs