Search squid archive

Re: 'include' feature

Dave wrote:
I still get

unrecognized: 'include /path/to/included/file/squid.acl.config'

when trying it out

There seems to be a one-off error in the initial logics. whitespace in the config line is at character 7 not 8. Fixing that here in the 3.1 port solves the problem you are seeing and if the config is correct it works properly.

There appears to still be a bug in the "Bungled squid.conf ..." messages though.

"FATAL: Bungled garbage-from-working-line-#2 line 3: acl"
'garbage-from-working-line-#2' is a tail of the acl line (2) preceeding the intentionally bungled one (3) containing just "acl ".

Amos

Dave wrote:
This feature will be very useful. I have just downloaded the 2.HEAD-20080107 but doesn't seem to be in that build. So will try it out again later on.

Thanks

Adrian Chadd wrote:
I gave up and coded up a way to include configuration files in squid.conf.
you can now do something like this:

include /full/path/to/another/file/to/include

without quotes or anything like that. Heck, spaces in the filename may even
work.

Its sitting in squid-2.HEAD and it works for me.

So:

* who wants to use it?
* who wants to test it out and see if it works? :)
* who would like it backported to squid-2.6 when any/all bugs have been
  squished?

Adrian

--
Please use Squid 2.6STABLE17 or 3.0STABLE1.