Search squid archive

Re: It stopped denying sites!

Davan Wong wrote:
 Hello group,
Something odd occurred last week. I am running squid 2.6stable13 on several
openBSD 4.2 boxes ( I manage several remote locations ).  My current ACL
rules deny everything except internal company sites.  Well, last week one of
the boxes stopped denying sites.

Obvious question:  what changed?

So users are getting everything and
anything they request.  Everything looks like it should still be working.  I
see no problems in any of the log files.

Except the fact that requests are being responded to with a 200 instead of a 403...

Any ideas why this would happen? Are there any log file entries I can post
here that would be of some help?

Sadly the logs don't reveal what configuration file is actually being used (is that a debug option?), so not much is going to be gleaned from the logs. You can see the current running configuration (if you have specified a cachemgr_passwd), or might try explicitly specifying the conf file to use when you start Squid (if you aren't already). Otherwise, you can increase the debugging on ACL processing ( as seen in the FAQ entry: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl#head-57ab8844e9060937c4a654e1aa7568f87cb25aef) and see if that gives you any clues.

TIA! :)
Davan Wong
World Health Club
Information Technology Department