Search squid archive

Re: wccp transparent proxy; returned spoofed packets are dropped!

Daniel Rose wrote:
SQUID (linux kernel 2.6.18.xxx) Sends a spoofed ACK 'from' WWWHOST to CLIENT.

The spoofed ACK never arrives at the CLIENT.  CLIENT just sends 3 SYNs and times out.  I assume it's dropped by the firewall, but I can't get 'debug ip packet' or similar commands to work on the ASA 5520 to verify this, but it's pretty clear since it never arrives on the client (I used wireshark).

Have you tried turning up the logging level and seeing what the asa is doing? My money is on it dropping your packets.

Adjust logging to "errors" if you're getting to much log data.

# conf t
(config)# logging asdm warnings
# sh logging asdm

--