Search squid archive

Apple Safari bug?

Hello list,

I have run into a problem when using Safari(any version) on Mac OS X Tiger and below. I have a .pac(ProxyAutoConfig) file that I point my browser to for content filtering. It works well for http but https it does not, I don't even see it show up in my logs. The Safari browser does not even use the proxy specified for https request and just connects directly. It is only on the Mac platform as the Windows version works correctly and Camino works on the Mac correctly. Unfortunately, switching to Camino is not an option. Has anybody else seen this?

I talked with an Apple rep and he talked to an Apple engineer that said it was a known issue in all versions running on anything other than leopard and that the fix was to upgrade the OS. He also said that they would not fix the issue for the previous versions of their OS. This is a serious problem considering CIPA compliance for school districts that do content filtering and use Apples own "flagship" browser.

Does anyone have a fix other than upgrading all of our Macs to the new OS?

Any ideas appreciated,

Jon