Search squid archive

Re: Authenticating with Samba for logging username in Squid access log

Leach, Shane - MIS Laptop wrote:
When I added these lines, the connection was blocked.  Could it be that
the authentication is not working correctly?  I have success when I
attempt all wbinfo commands shown in the link.

Thank you for your assistance.

Shane

From your reply to Henrik (http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200711/0636.html), it looks as though you are using a basic authentication helper to authenticate against LDAP. Further, it looks as though you are trying to perform this query over a non-encrypted channel, which some LDAP servers deny by default.

Configuration examples are available for LDAP auth (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SquidAndLDAP) and NTLM (since you have wbinfo working, start at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/WindowsAuthenticationNTLM#head-ce4db5f4eeb74d1c009e686ce23d633c87300abd).

Hope that helps...

Chris