Search squid archive

Delay Pools on Class A Network

Folks -

I work at a public library.

I would like to implement squid delay pools to accomplish a little throttling of the kiddies who come in after school and completely clobber our bandwidth in the afternoon. I would like to kill the folks who came up with youtube and myspace!

Anyway, we have 4 departments with public internet access computers. The public network is 10.0.0.0/8. I have made department one computers IP addresses 10.1.0.X, department 2 10.2.0.X, and so on. I did this only to make VNC easier for my boss and I.

My question is: can delay pools work on a class A network like I have set up here, or do I need to redo my IP scheme first?

Thanks -

Mark