Search squid archive

Re: Squid with Skype

I wonder how to get it working well too...

Skype's problems:

1.) It tries NAT for too long before falling to proxy (and there's no way, as I know, to block the use of NAT). 2.) Skype uses ANY ports and MANY IPs (as far as I know, as far as my sniffing is right)
3.) There's really no official Skype documented support for our cause.

So... I just wonder what should be done to achieve this!?

- Mauricio

Janco van der Merwe wrote:
Hi,

I need to set up Squid with the following:

The network has 36 PCs all with Skype - Business needs
Skype.....why.....I dont know.

Only 6 of the 36 PCs is allowed to use the internet the rest is not but
they must be able to access skype. Currently they have a Squid
configuration with a transparent proxy with no passwords /
authentication. They do not want authentication brought in because they
don't want to type passwords.

Can anyone assist me on how to set up Squid with the correct ACLs for
the above because this is a little bit out of my league and I don't know
how I am going to allow Skype but no other http traffic.

I'm fine with the setup of the ACL to allow certain computers to the
Internet but to block all other Internet traffic but Skype that is where
my bug falls of its cork.

begin:vcard
fn:Mauricio Silveira
n:Silveira;Mauricio
org;quoted-printable:FSN do Brasil - Consultoria em Inform=C3=A1tica;Software Development / Networking
adr:;;;;;;Brazil
email;internet:msilveira@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:Linux Consultant / Developer
tel;cell:11-9949-1040