Search squid archive

Re: Squid as reverse proxy with outlook web access

Chris Robertson wrote:
Killing-Time@xxxxxx wrote:
Hello everybody,

I'm trying to use squid in the following way at the company where I work:

[Internet] --SSL connection--> [Squid Reverse Proxy] --HTTP connection--> [Outlook Web Access Server] [Internet] <--SSL connection-- [Squid Reverse Proxy] <--HTTP connection-- [Outlook Web Access Server]

As I'm new to squid, I tried using the configuration example which I found here:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/SquidAndOutlookWebAccess

If I'm getting this right, the aforementioned configuration should do exactly what I'm looking for. So I tried using the configuration file (adjusted to our system/network of course), but instead of getting through to Outlook, I get an error page:

(I entered https://squidserver/exchange into the browser on another machine to test it)

Which is where your error lies...

ERROR
While trying to retrieve the URL: https://owaserver/exchange
The following error was encountered:
- Access denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.
Generated Fri, 26 Oct 2007 13:25:09 by squidserver.local.myCompany.com (squid/2.6.STABLE16)

Here's my squid.conf file:

# Added because of "ACL name 'all' not defined!" error on squid startup
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

https_port xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:443 cert=c:/squid/share/cert/cert.pem key=c:/squid/share/cert/key.pem defaultsite=owaserver

cache_peer yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy parent 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS >front-end-https=on name=owaserver

acl OWAip dst yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
acl OWA dstdomain owaserver
cache_peer_access owaserver allow OWA
never_direct allow OWAip

http_access allow OWAip
http_access deny all

You are only allowing accesses to yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy, but what you requested was http://squidserver/exchange which translates to https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (and is therefore denied). Change the host file on the client, so owaserver points to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and then try surfing to https://owaserver/exchange. You should have better luck.

No need to play with host files.
Replace the acls and cache_peer_access with:

  acl OWA dstdomain domain.resolves.to.squidserver
  cache_peer_access owaserver allow OWA
  never_direct allow OWA

defaultsite= on the _port should be domain.resolves.to.squidserver
name= on cache_peer is just a simple handle to reference the peer by
	and should be unique for best config reading

Amos

miss_access allow OWAip
miss_access deny all

oh and OWA as newly defined should be used there too.

Explanation:
- xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP of the machine with squid running on it.
- yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy is the IP of the Outlook Web Access Server
- "owaserver" is the name of the Outlook Web Access Server in our company network

I am using squid/2.6.STABLE16 with SSL support on Windows XP Pro.

Can anybody help?
Kind regards,
- Patrick

Chris