Search squid archive

Re: monthly log rotation

Arun Shrimali wrote:
Dear All /Tek

I have using fedora core 6 and upgraded squid to 2.6 stable 4.
All my configuration are default.
My log rotate on weekly basis where as I want to rotate on monthly
basis. that's it.

Arun

If your question has not been answered, Fedora (and RHEL) uses a program called logrotate to perform the log rotation. Squid's log rotation are controlled by the configuration file /etc/logrotate.d/squid

Edit that file and change all the instances of "weekly" to "monthly" and you'll be set. Just watch your disk space utilization, as you are going to be storing four times as much log data.

Chris