Search squid archive

Re: unlinked squid process

Hi

we are using SQUID 2.6.STABLE13

we usually restarting squid by flushing it
service squid restart
service squid flush

flush)
        $0 stop
        sleep 2
        echo -n 'Flushing squid cache: '
        echo "" > /var/spool/squid/cache/swap.state
        echo_success
        echo
        /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -z
        $0 start
        ;;

Quoting Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

squid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
yes, that is the squid which has one process left over
when we restart it.

is there any document related to that shut down bug ?

I was thinking of #1529 a 3.0-pre bug sorry not 2.6*. Sounds like a
similar effect despite the version.

 Which squid are you using?

 Are you closing squid through a custom script sending SIGHUP/kill to a
pid or a ports script provided by an official maintainer?

A custom script may still encounter problems if it handles RunCache
badly. Could be KILL'ing the child squid worker instead of HUP'ing the
RunCache control process.

Amos

Thanks

Quoting Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

squid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Just wanted to know the meaning of MISS_TCP.
I thought that might be an error message.

Errors, as in 'problems with squid', shop up in cache.log
and start with "WARNING:" or "fatal:" maybe followed by a "Starting
Squid" if it was really bad.

Thanks for the document.

I am going to install a squid log analyzer to see what objects
are cached ( I think we are caching quarries which I don't think
it is a good idea )

Caching quarries could be a problem with all the rocks.

Caching queries however, is how the web works faster than the network
underneath it.

which one do you recommend ?
there is plenty of them but I was thinking of squeezer.

is there a sequence in restarting apache and squid while
apache is configured to be the parent ?

no.

because some time when we restart squid or apache the squid
process is not killed, and new process will be started.

do you mean apache is started twce?
or do you mean squid is started twice?

the second maybe related to a shutdown bug, long fixed in 2.6s12+.

Amos

Quoting Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,