Search squid archive

squid accel peer load balancing weighted round robbin?

Hi,

I've a squid Version 2.6.STABLE16

with the following config accel mode

design:

proxy ----> php-01..php-08

php are apache server no slibing proxy.

cache_peer php-01 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin weight=1
login=PASS max-conn=100
#cache_peer php-02 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin
weight=0 login=PASS
cache_peer php-03 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin weight=1
login=PASS
cache_peer php-04 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin weight=1
login=PASS
cache_peer php-05 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin weight=1
login=PASS
cache_peer php-06 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin weight=1
login=PASS
cache_peer php-07 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin weight=3
login=PASS max-conn=100
cache_peer php-08 parent 80 0 no-query originserver round-robin weight=1
login=PASS max-conn=100

Strangely the weight seems not impact the load balancing as I might expect.

If increase weight on a the peer php-03 result
 * less load on peer 01
 * more load on peer 03
 * less load on peer 04
 * more load on peer 05
 * same load on peer 06
 * same load on peer 07
 * more load on peer 08

All my test seem to show always very more load on the last peer in the list. That why I protect with max-conn=100.

is the orginiserver loadbalancing, a well tested and official squid behavior.

It seems in squid 2.6 a new feature arround the cache_peer directive, which was about proxy slibing sharing...

The doc said:

#         icp_port:  Used for querying neighbor caches about
#                    objects.  To have a non-ICP neighbor
#                    specify '7' for the ICP port and make sure the
#                    neighbor machine has the UDP echo port
#                    enabled in its /etc/inetd.conf file.

Here I've copied form the wiki I use 0, is it the same?
I've no ICP parent, just origin server.

Any hint?

Sylvain.