Search squid archive

Re: Squid on FC6, connections sitting around too long

On 10/15/07, Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Probably you have a TCP connection based load balancer instead of one
> that balances on actual traffic, and the Netcaches have persistent
> connections disabled..

> See the client_persistent_connections and persistent_request_timeout
> directives.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

For some reason when I initially configured these I thought
persistence was off by default, but looking at the config guides, I
see it's defaulted to on.

Playing with persistence on/off and persistence timeout is helping
things tremendously.

Squid is showing more output/input than the netcaches now. Now I'm
working on finding the right combination to keep open connections to a
minimum while continuing max throughput.

Client persistence in a reverse proxy environment makes no sens, and
since my server environment is also load balanced, not sure it makes
much sense there (still testing), but definitely persistence timeout
plays a big role.

Thanks again
Toryi