Search squid archive

Re: strange problem with proxy port

Sven Frommholz - Konexxo GmbH wrote:
Amos Jeffries wrote:
Sounds like a firewall problem. The fact squid isn't logging a connection attempt makes it probable. What error message are the clients showing when they drop the connection?

Amos

Windows Firewall is completely turned off on all clients. The problem occurs
on clients within the winodws domain and also on external clients, so it
can't be some sort of group policy. Regarding the error messages I can only
translate, since there are only german clients here. Firefox and IE will stop
immediately after submitting the request. FF shows "connection reset" (not a
squid message, but some firefaox internal). IE shows the IE standard message
"Website cannot be displayed".
Sven

What about the FW on the squid box itself?

You may need to do a packet trace with tcpdump/wireshark or similar to see where the connections are headed because they do not appear to be going to squid.

Only other time I've seen FFx doing an immediate rest was when I was experimenting with transparency and IPv6.

Amos