Search squid archive

Re: url_rewrite_concurrency singlethreaded redirector performance?

On ons, 2007-10-10 at 10:19 +0200, Sylvain Viart wrote:

> I see, is it documented somewhere?

Probably not.

> If I understand it well, given the following perl helper code:
>
> while(<STDIN>)
> {
>     s#http://something/#http://somthingelse/#;
>     print;
>  }
>
> can handle many linesof url request in the same loop, without any
> multithreaded mechanism.

Yes.

> >  * The format of request/responses is slightly different from the older
> > interface, adding a request identifier in front. This needs to be echoed
> > back with the answer.
> >
> Documentation please?

There is not much more to say than the above. But see auth_param basic
for some documentation on the concurrent mode helper interface (all the
simple helpers share the same basic interface, just different
requests/response lines..)

Regards
Henrik