Search squid archive

Re: Can Squid grab a list of files from a server and then Prefetch thost files?

miles800 wrote:
Can Squid grab a list of files from a server and then prefetch those specific
files?  I would like to be able to set up a proxy server (that will run on
both windows and Linux) that will grab mp3s and flash files from a server
(running a web app) to help avoid a bottleneck.  Ideally I could schedule
the proxy to server to grab the list of files, then the files specified in
that list, at a certain time every day or week.  It would then cache those
files for use when going to the web app.  Can I do this with squid and maybe
a script?

Thank you,
Kyle
I am sure you could script something with wget, saving the files under /dev/null