Search squid archive

Squid FTP - CWD direct vs incremental

Pardon me if I'm missing something, but I noticed squid will only change one directory at a time via the CWD command. It will not CWD directly to the requested path. This presents a problem for me where I have to change directories below folders without read perms.

For instance:  ftp://ftp.example.com/ftp/data/user/

Lets say that the data directory does not have read permissions on it to keep from getting a user list of the FTP box. The user directory however has read perms on it. When I try an go to the full URL, squid replies:

Squid sent the following FTP command:

    CWD data

and then received this reply

    ftp: Access is denied.