Search squid archive

Re: squid log with "Missing needed capability support. Will continue without tproxy support"

On tor, 2007-09-27 at 17:18 +0800, josse wang wrote:

> I am testing squid+tproxy on my linux box but still can not get the
> real source client IP. After i check on cache.log, i get message "
> Missing needed capability support. Will continue without tproxy
> support"

Possible causes

a) You don't have libcap development files installed. (likely)

b) Your kernel is not build with capabilities support (unlikely)

c) You are starting Squid as a normal user. To use tproxy Squid needs to
be started as root. (it will then change user to cache_effective_user).

Regards
Henrik