Search squid archive

Re: Squid setup questions

Hi Antonio,

Antonio Pereira wrote:
Hello,

I have pretty much redundant question but I would like some opinions
before I venture into this possible solution.

I have 4 sites on an MPLS network that access the internet via 1
location, at this 1 location there is already a firewall. What I would
like to do is start blocking web sites and start block web traffic.
What is the best setup with squid for this type of setup? What documents
should I read for this type of setup?

Not sure about MPLS networking. However, in your case, it should be simple. Just run Squid transparently on the gateway (firewall) from where all 4 sites gets access to the internet.

Adding SquidGuard or DansGuardian or even custom ACLs will provide you with all the web blocking functionalities.

Thanking you...

Thanks in advance

--

With best regards and good wishes,