Search squid archive

Squid authenticating against ADS without prompting the user

The hard drive on the Squid proxy just died, and I'm trying to get the
replacement to work. The proxy was running on Fedora Core 3 using
Squid 2 and Samba 3.x. The replacement is running Fedora Core 6 and
Squid 2.6 STABLE7 and Samba 3.0.23. I have managed to join the
replacement to and have it authenticate against our Active Directory
Domain here. However unlike it's predecessor it prompts the user for
name and password the first time. Unfortunately I didn't setup the
original and the admin that did the setup is no longer here. Can
anyone give me some pointers to what I might have missed configuring?