Search squid archive

Re: Akamai-like CDN using squid and a DNS trick

Neil Harkins wrote:
If not, perhaps I'll write a tool to tail the log for the hottest objects,
look at the headers on disk, and issue PURGE requests. Yuck.

I found that a forced reload (i.e., a request with Pragma: no-cache, usually triggered by Shift-Reload in the browser) by a user helps performance, because

   * stale resources in the cache are replaced by fresh ones,

   * uncompressed resources in the cache are replaced by compressed
     ones if the browser supports it.

So you can refresh the cache as a user by issuing forced reload requests.

Regards,

Oliver Schoett