Search squid archive

Re: squid do the inverse of what it should do !!!!!!!!!!! help !!!!!!!!!

pinky you wrote:
hello somebody HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
I have strange problem with squid , despite the fact I
am using squid for more than 3 years, lateley I install squid 2.6 ( on CentOS5 , I used the rpm that come with the distor) in transparent mode , cisco 2811 redirect the packet to squid via wccp2. everything works great till that day when Squid
inverse its purpose!!! ( its start to use far more
bandwidth than my users do ) you can see the mrtg
picturs below ( I put links for them).
when my users take 5Mbps squid eat 10Mbps I don't know
why.
( the red line is what the users download while the
green is what squid download !!! crazy isn't it ) http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/831/1hourjm2.jpg http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/96/24hourbd0.jpg I tried everything . ( disabled the cache and make it
work as proxy only, used delay loop , change the
distro and change the squid version and even changed
the wccp options and version in the router and squid )

but the problem remains .

So after all that what version of squid do you have now?

Please help me before losing my job !!! :( Oh the funny part is that cache manager does NOT give
me a negative hit rate !!!! I checked that too , I
disabled ICP and cache digest , I read all the think
thats relate to negative hit rate (although it is not
the case).

What are the most frequent hits (and misses)?
I'm thinking maybe its the users taking a preview look at a file tha squid has to fully download to cache.
ie, streaming video?

Other than that what does your cache.log say with debug level 1 or 2.

there is nothing funny in squid logs I checked them
and there is nothing weird in the /var/log/messages
too. I disabled all the services that can be disabled in
the system especially anything that can do update.
I put a strict firewall rules ( stricts iptables rules
) and strict acl in squid too. As I said I used different disto too ( I used Fedora7 on different server ) and I got the same problem. check for any rootkit , viruses, unusual traffic , The
problem that happenned suddently , the only things
that works for me is turning squid off but I don't like that one. by the way squid works only as a transparant cache and
filter with dansguardian ( I disabled dansguardian and
the problem still there and even removed dansguradian
) and before squid there is a gateway server that do
all the touch work , BW managment ,authentications
..etc. HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

blablablabalalb hmmm I tried that too.
Be pink or not to be

Amos