Search squid archive

reverse proxy caching session id

Hi Amos,

that's going to be a problem, we can't really change our web application.
on top of that, we uses url rewrite for the our site.
the url look like this
www.sitedomain.com/controller/session_id/other_stuff/..

is there any work around that we can do with squid's conf file?
changing the session handling is really not a option for us.

Thanks again
kevin

Amos Jeffries wrote:
Hi all, I'm setting up a reverse proxy with squid to hide my web server.
Our site rely largely on session, and we pass our session id through the
url. I'm worry that squid might cached the url and new users will end up
accessing the site with a old session id.

Is this a problem that i should worry about?

Yes. For this case you NEED the default cache deny for queries with ?
With squid its better to pass it as a cookie (which apparently gets
stripped from any cached objects).

Amos