Search squid archive

Authorization header

Under "How come some objects do not get cached?"

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/InnerWorkings#head- aed2acb07aed79ef1f7a590447b6a45a8dd8e7d1

we read:

>  ONLY if the reponse includes Cache-Control: Public.

>  does not yet support Vary features.

The second line is no longer true.  Correct?

And regarding the first line, is this behavior overridden if we include any "no_cache" or "cache" directives in the squid.conf? I'm trying to determine if the following Authorization line in my squid.conf is superfluous:

acl  ac_cookie  req_header  Cookie  [-1]   __ac
acl  auth_header  req_header  Authorization  [-1]  .*
cache  deny  ac_cookie  auth_header

Would I get the same result with just:

acl  ac_cookie  req_header  Cookie  [-1]   __ac
cache  deny  ac_cookie

Ric