Search squid archive

Re: How to override expires, maxage, s-maxage on reverse proxy?

On lör, 2007-07-28 at 14:50 -0700, Ricardo Newbery wrote:

> I looked at refresh_pattern and it's override-expire and ignore-no-
> cache options but I'm not sure I can leverage this.   First, because
> it isn't clear whether these options will override max-age and s-
> maxage if they're present in the response.

It does.

> And second, because I
> need this behavior to be selectively applied (probably via a response
> header set by the CMS) since not *all* items on the CMS will
> automatically generate purge requests and there isn't a good way to
> filter these by path.

A different problem..

You need to add a custom CC header, and teach Squid to use this in favor
of s-maxage/max-age.

> I guess what I'm looking for is something like an s-maxage that will
> be applied *only* to the reverse proxy and not to anything else
> upstream.

Indeed. Trouble is there is no standardized such header..

If you write a patch implementing such header please submit it to
squid-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards
Henrik