Search squid archive

Re: limit conn on specific ip

ArioS wrote:
Dear,

is it possible for squid to limit conn ? since two days ago, i got DoS on my network to some sites (spamhaul / uribl etc). the trojan send hundred request / sec to the host. it was take down my proxy (running out of file descriptor). any possible way to avoid it ?

i tried to use acl to deny destinition host / ip... it was useless cause proxy still accept request.. now i just manual monitoring then block the ip using iptables.. anyone can help me ?

Firewall! ... oh good you already did that.
Unless you have access to the infected machine, thats probably all you are able to do. If the PC is not a client of yours and you know the IP you could try some back-tracking and report them to their ISP, see if that helps.

Amos