Search squid archive

Re: Logging usernames without any authentication

On 6/27/07, Andreas Pettersson <andpet@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list.

I'm trying to have usernames logged in access.log, but I'm not (at the
moment) interested in any kind of authentication. It should be more like
a bonus, so to speak. If someone browses using firefox on linux then
there's no hope, BUT traffic from my Windows 2003 Terminal Servers using
Internet Explorer is perhaps easier to track. I just don't know how to
approach this. I want the client to (silently) pass credentials but not
deny access if there's none. (However there is an Active Directory
available.)

This can be done by ACL:

[first the usual stuff protecting cachemgr, setting up ntlm
authentication via winbind. etc, then:]

acl msie browser MSIE
acl windows browser Windows
acl userid proxy_auth REQUIRED