Search squid archive

Capitalisation and Usernames

Hello!

Firstly, thanks for the help on the debug_options and delay pools.

I have a site that is using NTLM authentication (using samba's ntlm helper). They use a mix of upper and lower case for their usernames in Active Directory, eg: Matthew.Smith. The system controls access by way of userlists written out in lower case, eg: matthew.smith.

I am finding that when users authenticate with mixed case they do not get effected by limits like reply_max_size and delay pools. Is this expected? should my user lists match case with active directory? Can I force squid to treat Matthew.Smith as matthew.smith?

Any help would be great.

Matt Smith