To: "Dave" <dmehler26@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:01 PM
Subject: Re:  FreeBSD Squid timeout issue

Dave disse na ultima mensagem:
Hello,
    This is a strange one. I've got a FreeBSD 6.2 router with squid on it

Hi
did you checked your cache_dirpartition  if it is full and swap.state size
by case?

Michel

for transparent proxy. It has been working fine, until about 3 days ago
when
i noticed one of my internal machines wasn't completing an http
transaction,
in this case downloading of it's ports index. The connection would start
out
extremely slowly and eventually timeout then giving an error about a
truncated file. I checked my firewall, hard disks, debug logs, messages
everything, couldn't find any error msgs or anything obviously wrong. This
morning an internal machine, this one a centos box, began failing with
it's
yum updates, giving timeout errors on retrieving rpm files from http
sites.
Again, i ran the log checks, didn't see anything. So, i next checked the
firewall, nothing in debug.log or messages, but in the
/usr/local/squid/logs
directory i found two things. The first was that the failed transactions
were all returning http response code 206, timeout? The second was that i
had a 43 mb core file. I shut down squid, turned off the transparent
redirect rule in my firewall and everything started working normally. If
this core file is useful in debugging i'd like to know what to do or where
to send it, i can post it on a web page if interested. I'd appreciate any
suggestions.
    The squid version used is 2.6.13, memory and cpu usage during the
times
in question are not even moving, this system is not in any way heavily
loaded.
    Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Dave.

A mensagem foi scaneada pelo sistema de e-mail e pode ser considerada
segura.

Datacenter Matik http://datacenter.matik.com.br
E-Mail e Data Hosting Service para Profissionais.