Search squid archive

Re: Re: Squid auth box will not appear for everyone.

Dan OConnor wrote:
I have just replaced my old squid box with a new one, the old proxy
was set to do local administration and the new one is set to do LDAP.
I do have the authentication working for most of the users but there
is a few that will not get prompted for a box and I can't figure
it out?
One that cannot work is the "same" as my workstation, it has
the same patching level, same browser version and we are on the same
subnet. but Her machine never presents with a popup for the username
while mine will, and it worked before I added the new box.
Any suggestions would be awesome.!

How are your computers finding out about the proxy? Manual settings, automatic detection or specific proxy.pac file?

regards,
Dietrich