Search squid archive

Re: Squid as web page cache for dynamic content

2007/6/20, Kimmo Gläborg <kimmo@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hello,

I'm totally new to Squid and working for the largest IT news portal in
Scandinavia. We're looking to replacing our current server side page
cache environment with a hardware solution (such as Netapp NetCache
for example). Now would this be possible to do maybe with
Squid instead?

So I don't want to use Squid for client proxy, only website content
cache/acceleration and if possible also distribution for streaming
media (web tv)..

Squid can do that well (using reverse proxy mode).
But if your site's contents are fully dynamic,I may recommend you to
use another proxy tool -- Nginx,which was fast and with high
performance.