Search squid archive

Re: Delay pools (throttling) for specified websites?

squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
No takers? Thanks in advance. :-)
D.Radel.

D & E Radel wrote:
Hi all,

I am currently using a delay pool to throttle users a certain ldap_group
to a slow speed.

I wish to throttle access to certain bandwidth heavy websites. I added
the ACL "slow_sites" to my existing delay pool as follows:

    acl slow_sites url_regex -i "/squid_stuff/slow_sites.txt"

    # Delay pools
    #-------------------------------------------------
    delay_pools 1
    delay_class 1 3
    delay_access 1 allow slow_group slow_sites
    delay_access 1 deny all
    delay_parameters 1 250000/250000 -1/-1 8000/250000

It didn't slow down access to the sites listed in the textfile. Whereas,
the delay pool was already working correctly on the users in slow_group
before my adjustments.

Any help greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
D.Radel.

I read that config as meaning only slow slow_group when accessing slow_sites.

Seems to me you want a config like:

 delay_access 1 allow slow_group
 delay_access 1 allow slow_sites

Which would slow BOTH lists independent of each other.

Amos

Ah brilliant! Thanks Amos! I will give that a whirl!:-)

regards,
Dietrich