Search squid archive

How Bad is CONNECT and Should I Prevent It?

Hello All;

I've gone ahead and modified my squid.conf to prevent connections using the method CONNECT to just an allowed list, all via port 443 only. I am seeing lots of DENY messages, mostly for webmail.*, mail.*, these include logins into Google mail as well. My question is if I've opened myself up to an admin nightmare or am I being smart by preventing some really bad stuff into my network?

Has anyone else blocked CONNECT in a better way?

Thanks!

.vp