Search squid archive

Re: redirecting to local page without http server

Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
Hi all,

I'm using my own redirector with squid on the main gateway of our
network.

If a user tries to access certain sites I redirect him to a local page
(very simple page with a 'FORBIDDEN' message) on the Apache default dir.
It works fine.

My question is: could I do this without any http server running on my
gateway (not even on any of the internal LAN servers). Put it another
way: can I tell squid to serve some kind of HTML message, defined within
squid itself, when response_from_redirector != ""...

or some other approach... this woulkd be very nice because, that way, I
would not need to install any http server on my system.

THX

joao

Redirect "forbidden" requests to:

http://this.page.is.forbidden/

Then in squid.conf (fairly early):

acl forbidden dstdomain this.page.is.forbidden
http_access deny forbidden
deny_info ERR_FORBIDDEN_PAGE forbidden

Finally, create the {sysconfdir}/errors/English/ERR_FORBIDDEN_PAGE file to suit.

Forbidden requests will be redirected to a non-existent domain, requests for that non-existent domain will be denied, and a special deny page will be shown.

Chris

Chris