Search squid archive

Re: log user activity

On 6/5/07, Kamal Paryani <kamalparyani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
in squid can we log all user web based activity - like
can we have a keylogger kind of a output of whatever activity they
have done on the web

Squid, like any other web proxy, will log the basic details of each
HTTP converation, but not the contents of a POST.  Additionally, there
is no ability to peer into TLS (HTTPS) conversations over CONNECT.

for e.g. if they use gmail to send mail or chat can we log all the
matter they type like in a keylogger

Sorry, no, what you ask for is not possible with *any* web proxy, and
is likely to be illegal (and is always unethical, IMHO)

Kevin