Search squid archive

Re: Upgrading from 2.5.9 to 2.6.5 - woes + squish woes

D & E Radel wrote:
Hi there,

I was running Debian old stable until today. I upgraded to current stable, rebooted and all was fine. Squid seemed fine.

I then installed Squish - which went badly, so I removed it as per their FAQ file. Squid was a no go. I then reverted to my old previously working squid.conf and now have the error:

    squidFATAL no ports defined!

Dang! Adding the line: "HTTP_PORT 3128" stops the error, but now I get no authentication prompt in my browser. Restarting squid is fine, but it doesn't seem to talk to my client's browser anymore.

I guess that I need to back-track, so armed with my old squid.conf, what can I do now - besides reverting to an early image of my drive? My squid.conf uses LDAP authentication with a Windows 2003 Server.

Thanks in advance.
D.Radel.

You will need to check all the settings in your old working conf against the Release Notes about changes between 2.5 and 2.6. There have been quite a few improvements at the boundary.

For more detailed help we will need to see a copy of the original conf to point out the new ways of setting some parts up.

Amos