Search squid archive

Re: cache_peer - multiple ones

Just seems odd.

I have put in the following

cache_peer <upstream proxy name> parent 8080 7 no-digest no-query no-netdb-exchange default
login=<username>:<password> name=proxy
cache_peer <upstream proxy name> parent 443 7 no-digest no-query no-netdb-exchange default
login=<username>:<password> name=proxyssl

and then further down:

cache_peer_access proxyssl allow CONNECT
cache_peer_access proxyssl deny all
cache_peer_access proxy deny CONNECT
cache_peer_access proxy allow all

So browsing through Squid, onto the upstream proxy on port 8080 works fine. When I try and access
login.live.com on port 443/https then I get challenged for my upstream details again - . These
details have been confirmed as correct and are the same <username> and <password> as they always
have been.

I must be missing something simple then if there is no bug.

GJE