Search squid archive

Re: Reverse Proxy with .htaccess - does it work?

On 4/23/07, Odhiambo WASHINGTON <wash@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a reverse proxy setup with Squid-2.6STABLE12. Both Squid and
Apache reside on the same box.

For a typical site on the backend, I have this directive in squid.conf:

<cut>
cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 80 0 originserver no-query no-digest name=www3
cache_peer_domain www3 domainname.tld
</cut>

There is a directory under DocumentRoot for domainname.tld which I would
like to restrict access to (.htaccess style), so that only authenticated
users can go in.

However, a typical configuration for such a restriction, which works for
native Apache, fails to work for me in my reverse proxy setup.

Can you explain with greater detail in what ways it is failing?
Your setup doesn't seem so strange or problematic to me..

--
   /kinkie