Search squid archive

Re: HTTP redirect and HTTPS

Jack Murray wrote:
Hello, we are using Squid as a HTTPS gateway to backend servers, and we would like to have squid also force redirects from HTTP to HTTPS. I tried doing this with v2.5.14 using a rewriter that returns a 302:url, but it gets into an infinite loop because when it gets a HTTPS request the rewriter still sees a HTTP:// in the url passed to the rewriter. Is this a bug in 2.5.14? Or in general what is a suggestion for doing the http to https redirect along with the https gateway. btw, we tried using stunnel and it was too slow and unreliable, squid is much better.
Jack

acl HTTP proto HTTP
acl server dst 1.2.3.4
http_access deny server HTTP