Search squid archive

Re: need help with version 3 configure log file

Henrik Nordstrom wrote, on  13/04/2007 11:08 a.m.:
fre 2007-04-13 klockan 09:25 +1200 skrev Graham Dixon:

The result looks much the same as the several fail tests in the full log. To this person of little experience it looks as though the configure tool can't find a c++ compiler. I'm using the gcc that comes with a standard FC install.

Ah, You probably need to install g++ (the C++ part of GCC).

Regards
Henrik

Hi Henrik,
Thanks for that - just the nudge I needed - problem solved.
I had failed to realise that although gcc "can compile both C and C++ programs" it needs another package (gcc-c++) installed before the latter actually works.

Even though I feel like a complete plonker I have posted this to the list so that the solution appears in archives - since I couldn't find an answer from when this symptom hit the news in 2003.

cheers
Graham