Search squid archive

Re: Stop Duplicate Logins

Kevin Gordon wrote:
Hello,
 I'm trying to figure out how to prevent a user from initiating
multiple sessions. For example, if username jdoe logs in and is
actively using resources I do not want user jdoe to initiate a second
session. Some of my users have access to resources others do not so I
am trying to prevent username sharing.

Does anyone know how to tell squid to block logins from a user that is
already logged in? I know squid has the
auth_param basic credentialsttl ** minutes item, but how do you check
if a credential is already in use?

Thanks!

Look into the max_user_ip ACL. If you decide that is going to work for you, have a look at the comments for authenticate_ip_ttl.

Chris