Search squid archive

Re: Squid giving TCP_MISS 99% of the time

Adam Membrey wrote:
Thanks for that Martin.

I've provided links to the logs entries (I apologise for the size but it gives you a better idea)

I have also noticed a lot of releases in the store.log

http://users.dodo.com.au/~matildaiglesias/access.log
http://users.dodo.com.au/~matildaiglesias/store.log

Please don't top-post (http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/documents/quotingguide.html). It ruins the flow of archived messages.

Running the supplied access.log through SCALAR (http://scalar.risk.az/) I'm seeing a 7% hit ratio on "Images/Graphics & Flash". Out of all requests resulting in a "200 OK" (4,625) 6% were hits (273). Given there are only 3 clients and the data given covers ~5 hours with the bulk of the traffic in one 60 minute time span, that's understandable. Many of the cacheable requests made will be cached by the browser, and not requested again (thereby lowering your hit ratio).

The saved traffic ratio is not so good...

    In Traffic:   75.796 MB
   Out Traffic:   76.074 MB
 Saved Traffic:  284.692 KB    0.37 %

The full SCALAR output is available upon request.

Chris