Search squid archive

external_acl_type: what causes squid to restart/reload helpers

Hello all,

I'dd like to know when/how does squid terminate it's external ACL
helpers.

If I understand correctly squid launches the ACL external programs and
they operate in an infinite loop reading from STDIN and writing to
STDOUT (ERR or OK).

1 - When do they terminate ?

2 - How can I force them to terminate and restart, in order, for
example, to reaload fresh information from disk ?

Thanks

Joao
jmf