Search squid archive

Re: Need Help, Connection Refused.

yes ... i can browse the website using internet IP address ... but if i used the website name to browse, it come out that error msg.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Nighswonger" <cnighswonger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Kenny Lee" <kenny.lee@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <squid-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 06:44 PM
Subject: Re:  Need Help, Connection Refused.

On 3/30/07, Kenny Lee <kenny.lee@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,sdsdsd

i am a beginner for Squid. I have setup a Squid Proxy with Suse Linux 10.2,
and i have a web server which now connecting to squid proxy to access
internet. Everythings is working fine, the web server can surf net, update
Spamassassin, & update Clam Antivirus. Outsider also can browse to my
website which hosted in that web server. ... Ok ... the problem is here,
when i used my PC or web server (which all connected to squid proxy) to
browse to my website, the IE return me "(111) Connection Refused". I checked
my access.log and found this log ...

1175248338.619    432  192.168.10.5  TCP_MISS/503  1402  GET
http://www.mywebsite.com  -  DIRECT/123.123.123.123    test/html

so what is the problem there? any setting need to be done in squid.conf ? my
proxy port is using port 81. Please help ...

It looks like your webserver is refusing the connection rather than squid.

Can you access your website from inside directly, bypassing squid?

Chris