Search squid archive

Re: interception proxy and ssl

Henrik Nordstrom escribió:
tor 2007-03-29 klockan 16:11 +0200 skrev Emilio Casbas:
Henrik Nordstrom escribió:
tor 2007-03-29 klockan 11:37 +0200 skrev Emilio Casbas:
A significant disadvantage of interception caching is that breaks the TCP/IP standard and only supports the HTTP protocol, not SSL among others. But is there any way or workaround to a interception proxy could works with SSL protocol?
For what purpose?
In order to can access secure webs like banking sites with https,
resources like https://secure.site.com

Why do you need to have these sent via Squid to be able to access the
sites?

We have a filtering system connected with the squid proxy (in this special case We have a transparent proxy), so in our Institutions is a MUST to have the internet connections passing through this filtering system. We don't allow any client connect directly Internet, all connections HTTP/HTTPS should go through our proxys.

Thanks.
Emilio C.