Search squid archive

Re: apple software updates

dhottinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Quoting Amos Jeffries <squid3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

This sounds remarkably similar to the MSN (or was is windows xp update?
or both?) problem seen earlier. That turned out to be an out-of-band
ssl link
being made directly to the remote server, bypassing the proxy killed it
and the core proxied link was denied thereafter by the remote server.

Amos

I dont remember that thread. Although, apple tech support says their updates all run on port 80. Ive never had any problems with Windows updates. Plus, My os x 10.3 computers update through my proxy just fine. Apple says that OS X 10.3 and 10.4 connect to the same server, just use different methods of downloading the updates. Evidently 10.4 downloads a catalog then lists the updates. Not sure what 10.3 does. Apple says that the catalog download isnt finishing.

--Dwayne Hottinger
Network Administrator
Harrisonburg City Public Schools

Ah yes you are quite right about no thread. It was not a public debugging. Sorry for any confusion. The last post from Henrik has the best advice so far on tracing it.

Amos