Search squid archive

Two levels of reverse proxy

I need to be able to set up two levels of reverse proxy (http
accelerators) but I need help with the configuration. I have no trouble
configuring just one reverse proxy, but if I try to put a reverse proxy
in front of the reverse proxy, I get into trouble.

I have several clients located at many sites all connecting to a central
origin server. I have a reverse proxy in front of the origin server to
speed up things. I also need a local cache near the clients.

It looks like this; my client is pointed at squid.local.server, and I
need the requests to reach the orign server. I am also using collapsed
forwarding.

     +------------------------------+
     |            Client            |
     |                              |
     +------------------------------+

                    LAN

     +------------------------------+
     |      squid.local.server      |
     |                              |
     +------------------------------+

                  INTERNET

     +------------------------------+
     |      squid.origin.server     |
     |                              |

                    LAN

     |         origin.server        |

Please advice on how to configure squid.local.server and
squid.origin.server.

Regards
Roland Rabben