Search squid archive

Re: apple software updates

Quoting Al Cripps <csal@xxxxxxxx>:

Adrian,
I installed squid-2.6.STABLE9 (build as of 1/24/07) and tested tonight.
 I found NO difference in the Apple update process for this version of
squid as opposed to sqauid 2.6.STABLE1, i.e., it failed by hanging in
retrieving the Apple update information.   As previously reported, on a
MAC running 10.4.x that has not had a recent update, the update fails.
If  you do an Apple update while squid is not in the loop, then put
squid in the loop, the update process works fine...but obviously there
are no files to download in this case.  This tends to imply that
perhaps and as suggested by Henrik in another post that uncompressing
of some file causes the failure?????   Any suggestions?
thanks,
al cripps