Search squid archive

Re: Squid and larger environments

Hi,

I'd suggest:
1) memory_pools on (and memory_pools_limit 50MB should be enough).
2) make sure that you have enough FDs available (cache manager may be useful).
3) make sure your squid use kqueue/epoll rather than poll/select.
4) Monitoring FD usage & ipcache size is a good idea.
5) aufs should be nice enough.
6) mount your cache dirs with async and noatime.  If its reiserfs (I
do not recommend it), add notail.
7) Unless your squid fakes it's ip address on the server side, I'd
recommend to leave 'forwarded_for on'.

HTH,