Search squid archive

Re: basic questions on transparent proxy

Anil Gunturu wrote:
Hi All,
I have a basic question on squid proxy in the transparent mode. Do I need to have the tproxy patch to the kernel for this to work?
Cheers,
-Anil

No. The tproxy kernel patch allows the proxy to more fully masquerade as the proxied client by sending out the HTTP request with the original client's IP address as the source (versus using its own IP). Obviously for this to work , the return traffic has to pass back through the proxy.

Chris